Sunday, January 18, 2009

Firsts

I am a person who works best in the middle of things.  I'm not such a good starter or a good finisher, but I know how to live it up in the middle.  I think that is why creating a blog has been such an ordeal: in order to have a blog, I had to start a blog.  And that meant not only picking a name for it, but also (oh horrors) writing a first post.  (Not to mention creating a somewhat aesthetically pleasing layout, but owing to my severely crippled "scrapbooking-crafting-etc." gene, I imagine that this aspect will be a chronic work-in-progress.)  I'm also ridiculously (and selectively) perfectionistic, so publishing these first few posts without re-reading them thousands of times is going to take an act of enormous will.  My hope is that after "these first few" posts, I will have reached the beginning of the middle (or at least the end of the beginning) and loosened up a bit.  

6 comments:

  1. You are not crippled, but instead full of a hidden wealth of creativity yet to be unleashed! Skeptics be damned! I love you blog. I love you. Take some pictures of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on that one, the first step (as well as finishing a project) are the hardest parts! I hope you enjoy this one. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me forever to start a blog too. It is fun even though I've been a slacker lately. There are easy ways to fix up your blog too. You can go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and the directions are pretty simple. It looks great already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dear Sister of Mine,
    I do believe this is hereditary. I think we both know how bad every single member of our family is when it comes to procrastination and finishing projects. I think we should thank Mom and Dad for that one:-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the "severely crippled 'scrapbooking-craft-etc.' gene." That would be from me....

    ReplyDelete