Monday, January 19, 2009

My Life in Tune

Naming a blog is hard.  When it comes to email addresses, I generally pick one that's as close to my name as possible.  Though tempted, I chose not to do that with my blog.  Partly for partial privacy, partly for something new.   But what to name it?  

I settled on "my life in tune" for several reasons.  Music has long been a driving force in my life--I love listening to it and making my own.  I've always had a sensitive ear, and I can hear the beats between notes when one tone is just a little off from another.  I do not have "perfect pitch," but for me the concept of being in tune is a vivid one.  In music, definitely, but also in life.  I am constantly striving to keep myself in tune with the Spirit, with my family, friends and others' needs, with my responsibilities, belief system and education, and with my goals and what I want to become.  

I also must add that the thought of my life in literal tune, or my life as a song, appeals to me.  I've always secretly wished to live in a musical; it would have been so much more healthy after a breakup to belt out a female-rage song on a street corner complete with angry dance moves than to cry for days and eat half my body weight in Ben and Jerry's.  

Though my personal pitch sometimes vacillates, thanks to all of you who add harmony to my life.  

5 comments:

  1. You won't have to worry about the breakups anymore, but I can't guarantee that I will stop you from binging on ice cream (especially if I can binge with you).

    P.S. Can I be the Bass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While reading this post I was totally picturing you standing on a corner, singing and dancing to a "Singing in the Rain" kind of music. I realize that what you were describing was much more Avril Lagivne or something along those lines, but that was just what came to mind. I find the idea of living a musical highly intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm glad that you have a blog! Now i can keep track on what's going on with ya! i luv ya tonz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you know that I will ALWAYS be here for the Ben & Jerry's binging (as I have been many times before...)

    ReplyDelete