Thursday, July 9, 2009

Angle Soft


I try not to be too hard on the unfortunate employees who have to change marquees--it seems that, more often than not, they run short on letters or space or both and are consequently forced into awkward abbreviations or letter substitutions (upside down Ms for Ws, 3s for Es and vice versa, limited punctuation marks, etc.). Although, let's be real, how much can an extra set of letters possibly cost? Less than the damage an indecipherable marquee can do, I would think.

This sign, however, was prepared by someone who had either dyslexia or an affinity for oxymorons. What was, I think, meant to be an ad for toilet paper ends up sounding more like a euphemism for obesity: soft angles, doulbe rolls.

5 comments:

  1. This is why children in our country cannot spell. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*, *laugh*, *sigh*, *shakes head* .... I don't know if I told you that I started my own blog a few weeks ago. eternalbliss04.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! That is sad. I wonder if any of the workers or customers have mentioned this mistake to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it horrible of me to laugh? I can't stop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would do the same thing if I worked at Walgreens. You can mess with peoples' subconsciousness and send out subliminal messages!

    ReplyDelete