Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Love the Site, Hate the Ads

Still on my quest to change the world, one letter at a time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
toinfo@foundmagazine.com,
ads@foundmagazine.com
dateFri, Jun 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM
subjectLove the site, Hate the ads
mailed-bygmail.com
Hey folks at Found Magazine:

I stumbled across your site a few months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed perusing the found item submissions. I've added your site to my Reader, and I look forward to the two new posts every day. I think the concept for the site/magazine is a clever and intriguing one.

That said, I find the ads on your site very distasteful. About half of the American Apparel ads are fine, but the other half are offensive. I don't appreciate seeing topless women every time I visit your site. If you must keep AA as a sponsor, could you please screen their ads? I have contacted their company directly regarding this matter, but they basically said they don't care. I know that many of your readers feel the same way--that we should be free to browse family-friendly sites without running into pictures of naked breasts and nipples.

I really appreciate your consideration.
Lindsay
San Antonio, TX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


toinfo@foundmagazine.com,
ads@foundmagazine.com
dateWed, Jul 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM
subjectRe: Love the site, Hate the ads
mailed-bygmail.com



I emailed your company two weeks ago regarding the distasteful advertisements that appear on your site and did not receive a response. I was disappointed by your lack of consideration and concern. I understand that ads are a necessary part of the service you provide, but there is an abundance of advertising available that is not lewd or offensive.

Sadly, I will no longer be frequenting your website. Please let me know if you begin screening your ads; once the topless women are removed I will happily renew my subscription.

Sincerely,
Lindsay
San Antonio, TX

1 comment: