Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shamelessly Mechanically Challenged

Maintenance Request
Reference Number 2507
July 28

Description: The vent from our oven to the back burner of our stove is just a pipe--it doesn't have any kind of a filter or block on it. I don't think that's normal. When we use the oven, it leaks copious amounts of hot air into our apartment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29
Maintenance Request Ref #2507 Message

We are pleased to let you know that we have resolved this issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Thanks,

The Maintenance Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{I got this email after I'd returned home from eating lunch with Jay. I walked over to the stove, removed the back burner, and stared down the pipe into the oven. No change. No one had even stepped foot in my apartment. Slightly irritated, I submitted another work order.}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance Request

Reference Number 2530
July 29

Description: Re: request #2507. I got a form email saying you resolved it, but the oven hasn't changed. Does that mean that's the way it's supposed to be? If so, will you please just call me an idiot instead of saying you fixed it when you didn't? Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{An hour or so later, my poor maintenance man called me and explained that, yes, there is supposed to be a pipe from the oven through the stove to "let the hot air out." I thanked him for his call and asked him to forgive my ignorance as I was under the impression that ovens were meant to keep the hot air in.}

1 comment: