Monday, July 6, 2009

Wicked Anniversary


Our one-year anniversary was May 31st. In a way, it's crazy to me that we've been married so long, but at the same time it feels like forever. We spent our actual anniversary in Utah and celebrated by going to our good friend Ben's wedding in Logan. It was a beautiful ceremony and a great reminder--I told Jay we should try to go to a wedding every year around our anniversary!

I gave Jay his anniversary gift about a month early because 1) I couldn't wait 2) it was for me, too, so he didn't have to get me anything and 3) I didn't want him to buy me the same thing. We'd been talking about going to see the musical Wicked ever since we found out it was coming to San Antonio about a year ago (I'm lucky to have a husband who enjoys cultural events and dates to the symphony and theatre), so I bought tickets in April for a show at the end of June. We went On Friday, June 26, and absolutely loved it.

I'd actually seen it twice before--in London--and have the soundtrack memorized (I can't believe I just admitted that), so I expected I'd enjoy it but not be blown away. To my surprise, I liked both of the leads better than the ones in London, and I thought they had better blend and truer harmony than the leads on the CD.

Jay had never seen the play, but the night before we got engaged we drove to Fredericksburg (an hour away), and on the drive I played the CD for him and explained the story line between each song. I was surprised he was so attentive, but he explained later that it helped distract him from obsessing about his proposal plans for the next day.

It was a beautiful evening, and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.


It's been a wonderful year. Here's to many happy years to come.

5 comments:

  1. happy 1 year anniversary you 2!!!
    cute pics!! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love seeing you guys so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 1 year! Now you juts have eternity to tackle! hehehe. Luv ya, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats of a wonderful first year! I must admit I'm complete jealous over the fact that you got to go to Wicked to celebrate (8 hours on the phone/internet could not get me tickets for the UT show this past April), but I'm glad that you truly enjoyed it. And while I've never actually seen it in real life (someday...) I also have the entire soundtrack memorized. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Time just goes by faster and faster. I'm glad you got to enjoy Wicked, we saw it and loved it too!!!

    ReplyDelete