Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grandpa

Grandpa is in the hospital tonight
fighting what may well be his last of countless battles
And though I've always known this day would come,
and sometimes even prayed for it
(in the short periods where I could care more for his happiness
than mine),
it is harder than I thought
and I find myself feeling
Loss
And though my tears are not bitter,
and my mind has been reconciled to the inevitable for days,
years, even,
it's still a blow

But I find comfort in family,
in memory,
and, surprisingly,
solace in tears.

{and I really am fine--
truly!--
I'm filled with peace
as I reflect on the legacy
of this amazing man}

3 comments:

  1. We just lost my Grandpa. Tears are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you, your family & your grandpa! I'm sure he is just as amazing as you are.

    ReplyDelete