Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eye of the Beholder

The other day, Jay and I went to the temple.  We both handed our recommends to the two nice older men behind the desk.  The man holding mine quickly scanned it and handed it back to me.  The man who had Jay's stood there looking, not at the recommend, but at Jay.  After a long pause, as he scanned his card, the man said, "You're a real good-looking young man."

I was already walking past the desk and felt obligated to say something--maybe due to a subconscious need to stake my claim?  Anyway, I said, "I certainly think so."

The older gentleman turned to me and said, in complete seriousness, "You have very good taste."

I giggled the whole way to the dressing room at the irony--call me vain, but isn't the wife the one who usually gets admired by sweet old men?

No matter.  I absolutely agree with him.

 

4 comments:

  1. I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOVE IT!!!!!

    You two are both stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...that's cute! As well as are the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Definitely a moment worth documenting for posterity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! Congratulations on being done! Hooray! You did it! You are great...although you already were before this day! It is quite the accomplishment, though! Way to go! Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete