Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finished.


I just got home from taking my last academic test ever (as far as I'm concerned.  Maybe someday I'll see fit to pursue more education, but not for a long, long time).  Last night was my final presentation.  I'm done.

It's a surreal feeling.  It's scary.  It's liberating.  I'll no longer be able to hide from the real world under the label of "student."  I'll actually have a career (once I find a job...).  I'll finally be making "real" money.

It's strange to be at the top of  the proverbial mountain I've been slowly climbing these past twenty-plus years.  Looking down at my past and my future spread out below me and stretching toward opposite ends of the horizon, I expected to have a moment of triumph, complete with Rocky-like stance.

Instead, I feel nothing but a sense of wonder and dizzying vertigo.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done! It's definitely a new phase of life you're entering-- enjoy it for all it's worth! Just think... no more homework ever again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds,
    Great job! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congrats!!! You've worked hard, now go play! And come to St. George, we're here till the middle of June..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one more take-home test, and then I'll be doooneeee. I am soooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! You've done great

    ReplyDelete