Thursday, April 29, 2010

Introducing...

I have a love-hate relationship with writing.  I like the product, I like the satisfaction, I hate the process.  I feel like I could be a pretty good writer if my thoughts would just flow out of my fingers about one hundred times faster. It would also help if I could reprogram my compulsive tendency to read and re-read every sentence I write at least a thousand times.  I have decided that it would be a good idea for me to practice more--to force myself to just write, to let the words spill onto the page.

And so, I have designated Wednesdays as "writing day."  I'll try to post essays or narratives or poetry (be afraid!) or various other exercises with the written word.  To add a touch of irony and suspense, I doubt I'll post something every Wednesday--I'm too free-spirited (or is it lazy?) for that--and I doubt that every "Writing Wednesday" entry will actually be posted on a Wednesday.

But it's a goal, a start, a beginning.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about writing- love the end product but sometimes the process is just too much. I think your Writing Wednesday sounds like a great idea and am looking forward to see what you newly-graduated mind will produce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I can't wait. I love reading your blog and you have always been a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's Leslie. I just started reading your blog again.I think I picked a good time because I remember you always writing your poetry on the mission.Good luck:)!

    ReplyDelete