Monday, July 12, 2010

Welcome to The Real World

Today was my first day of my first "real" job.  The beginning of my career.  I've been, in turns, longing for and dreading this for a long, long time.  I've spent 20 years working toward this day--sometimes thinking (or hoping) it would never actually arrive.  

But here I am.  I don't know what I'm doing, but so far it doesn't bother me.  I'm being paid ridiculous amounts of money (well, far more than I've ever made, anyway).  It's kind of exciting.  So even though today was rather surreal--in a looking-at-things-underwater type way--I think this is going to be a good experience.  


2 comments:

  1. I always seem to catch your updates right as you post them We must have the same "computer time" schedule. Anyway, you will be awesome. How wonderful you get to actually do what you went to school for. I'm still trying to figure out what I went to school for! Ha! Good luck on day two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all very exciting and cause for celebration! Enjoy it. When are you going to go on a shopping spree at Anthro!?? ;)

    ReplyDelete