Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Reunion 2010: Friday Night


Jay's family came to visit us in San Antonio this weekend.  There were seventeen and a half of us: two parents/grandparents, the seven siblings, four spouses, four kiddos, and a fetus.  Oh, and Lucy and Toby (Andrea's dog).  It was hectic and exhausting and so, so fun.  This is the first time the whole family's been together since our wedding over two years ago.  Since I have about a million pictures to post, I decided to break this up into three installments.  

On Friday afternoon, I picked up Amy and Erik from the airport and got to meet Jeremy, my first and only nephew.  Jay was still in Loredo, so we hung out for a few hours until he got home.  Later that night, the five of us went for a walk in a nearby park.


Amy and Erik are in great shape--from both running and strength training (they're currently in the middle of another round of P90X)--so as we passed several fitness stations along the trail, we stopped and tried them out.  Note that I'm using "we" very loosely.  Hey, someone had to take the pictures.


Here's Jay.  Impressed by his chin-up?  I sure was.


I'm also impressed by his face.  Mmmm.


And speaking of impressive, here's Erik doing some kind of one-armed sideways plank push-up.  I had no idea how many different kinds of push-ups there were until I met Erik.  


Amy and Jay on the push-up bar.  Check out Amy's triceps.  And calves.  Yeah, she's pretty much my idol.


Erik did 15 pull-ups, making them look easy as pie.  He then scooted his way down the parallel bars so quickly I didn't get a picture.  Jay shuffled forward on his hands a little ways before admitting defeat, and Amy pedaled in place--I guess it's harder than it looks.  I have to guess since I was too busy being the photographer to try it for myself.  Hey, it's an important job.


Here's Jeremy.  He is a beautiful, sweet baby.  Sorry his face is out of focus so you can't fully appreciate his cuteness in this picture, but Jay and I just bought our first non-kit lens, and I've been having a lot of fun with the 1.8 aperture setting.  


I love this "watering station"--now that is one stop shopping!


In other news, later that night, Lucy met her first dog.  


Toby belongs to Andrea and David.  He's a Yorkie and not much bigger than Lucy.  




We enjoyed their games of "tag" all weekend.  


Stay tuned!  There's more to come...



2 comments:

  1. I got your message, I'm so sorry. I'll call you soon.

    WHO IS HAVING A BABY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ALWAYS have to be a photographer. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete