Friday, January 21, 2011

Questions You Need Answered

Awhile back, my friend Beth "tagged" me in one of those blog things.  I'm not feeling particularly clever today, but felt like I should post something, and I like Beth's questions, so... here you go.  


1) Do you have a favorite number?
I should, considering how nerdy I am about numbers (I inherited that from my mom).  I like even numbers.  It's alternated between 4, 6, 8, and 14.  I just can't commit.

2) Did you have a childhood comfort object, like a blankie or teddy bear? Tell us about it.

A blankie (made by my paternal grandma) and a stuffed polar bear named Snuffles.  I loved them dearly.  I used to rub the blankie "fuzzies" on my lips while I fell asleep and give Snuffles haircuts around his eyes so he could see better.

3) Did you ever wish your parents had named you something other than the name you have?

I never really thought about my name until recently.  My mom and I were talking the other day about how it's an 80's "fad name" and that in another 40 years "Lindsay" will be synonymous with "old woman" (much like Doris and Ethel are today).  If I had to pick a name for myself, I'm not sure what it would be--probably something traditional and feminine.  I like my name.  Besides, I'm sorta named after Lindsay Wagner, the Bionic Woman.  Cool, right?

4) Did you ever wish you could become a fictional character in a book or movie? Who?

Oh, did I ever.  All the time.  As a young woman, I would have chosen Anne Shirley in a heartbeat--her life just seemed so beautiful.  Or maybe Jo March (though she ended up marrying that old ugly professor.  Ick.).  Or Elizabeth Bennett.  

5) Did you ever wish you could date/marry a fictional character from a book or movie? Who?

Mr. Darcy in the A&E P&P makes me swoon.  I liked Laurie in Little Women.  Jonas in The Giver.  Casper in the movie Casper (the last 2 minutes of the movie where he's a "real boy."  My cousins and I used to rewind that and watch it several times because we thought he was so dreamy.  If you needed any more proof that I'm a dork, well, there it is).

6) What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen camel?

Egyptian or European?

7) To how many places have you memorized pi? 

3.141592.  My mom is a numbers nerd.  I can go to 6; I know she's got it to at least 10.  

8) What, in your opinion, is the most foul smell known to humankind?

It's a toss-up.  Poop.  Our sink if we haven't run the disposal in awhile.  Fermented things.  Beer (which I suppose falls under the previous category).  Cigarette/cigar/marijuana smoke (in order of ascending nastiness).


This is the part where I'm supposed to "tag" a few more people and come up with my own questions, but I can't bring myself to single anyone out because I have some kind of undiagnosed social anxiety issues.  But if you want to answer Beth's questions, please do, and then link up back here!

3 comments:

  1. Poop! Haha. It can get pretty bad, but for me the worst scent out there is body odor on public transportation. Think about that deadly combo!

    You are so Anne Shirley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay! This post had me laughing because first, I also chose Elizabeth Bennett as my fictional character...but also because I totally remember watching Casper with my friends and rewinding it to see him walk down the stairs again. He was pretty cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie and I are reading P&P together b/c she had to pick a classic and it felt like a foreign language to her. We are struggling with boredom...I now have faith that Mr Darcy will become charming and we will want to read this book. I keep telling Ellie that P&P couldn't have gotten this popular for no reason.

    p.s. We already called Laurie before reading this blog Lindsay. He is spoken for.

    ReplyDelete