Thursday, January 26, 2012

Katie Conquers Texas, Part I





When I served as a missionary in Portland, I had the privilege of meeting some wonderful people, a few of whom made lasting impressions on my life.  One of my favorites is Katie.  We've kept in touch over the years, but hadn't seen each other since my wedding day nearly four years ago.



Katie came and stayed with Jay and I in our one bedroom apartment.  She was a great sport about sleeping on the floor (even though she was a little afraid our bookcases would fall and crush her in her sleep.  Valid fear: we have a lot of books!).  





She arrived Friday and we took her to a Spurs game.  It was our first Spurs game, too; they played the Kings.  To be honest, the only basketball team I dislike more than the Spurs is the Kings (though the Lakers are up there), so I cheered for Jimmer and a little for the Spurs since I have been a San Antonian for four years now and do have a little pride.  (Kings won by two points.  Boo Kings!  Go Jimmer!)



On Saturday, we went out to breakfast at the Magnolia Pancake Haus (which turned out to be more like lunch since that place is so dang popular), and then walked off the decadence at the Alamo and Riverwalk.

                   

Turns out pregnant Lindsay is a wuss, so any time Jay and Katie started going crazy with the cameras (did I mention Katie is a professional photographer?), I found a place to sit down.  I believe I initially sat down in the picture below when Jay was preoccupied with shooting some Koi.   

                   

As we walked up the stairs from the Riverwalk to the Alamo, much to the amusement of our fellow stair-climbers, Katie kept saying, "I'm so excited!  I can feel it's close!  I'm so excited!"


Later that afternoon, we went to Mission San Jose to have a look around and to take some pictures.  I feel blessed to have friends with talents--Katie took some great pictures of me and Jay and our burgeoning baby.



We had so much fun.  Stay tuned for part two of our adventures...


2 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy! I "stole" a few of your photos via screen shot to put on facebook. Why are we so cute? I wanna know!

    I'm so glad the bookshelves didn't fall on me. I should blog about my Aunt's experience. Hilarious and scary at the same time.

    Thank you and Jay for being the best hosts! I want to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! You look beautiful Lindsay!!

    ReplyDelete