Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's not me; it's you. ...Or is it?

{photo by Katie}


Jay has been such a wuss lately: all he ever does is complain about being cold.  I think he does it just to make me feel crazy--after all, this is the guy who refuses to buy any outerwear heavier than a sweatshirt, even when faced with truly frigid temperatures.  


At night, he'll pile the blankets on top of himself.  I've been sleeping with just a sheet because I wake up sweating every night and end up kicking it off anyway.  Jay won't even sleep with his arm around me anymore because his arm gets "too cold" with only a sheet covering it.  


Thank heaven we have a ceiling fan.  Jay used to feel the same way, but now I think he hates it.  Sometimes he sleeps with his head under the covers to try and escape it.  


The apartment was a little chilly this morning when I first got out of bed, but after a warm shower, it felt great again.  I glanced at our thermostat as I walked past it and was rather surprised to see that it was 60 degrees inside with a cool breeze coming from the open window, plus the aforementioned ceiling fan.  Maybe that's not cold anywhere else, but it is in San Antonio.


My hair was still wet, my skin felt cold and clammy when I touched it, and I wasn't wearing many clothes, but I wasn't cold at all.  In fact, the temperature felt great.

It was then that I started feeling sorry for Jay.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! You are getting so close. I remember you putting on the air in the car and I'm thinking- it's already a perfect temp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was pregnant with JD coming in August. We lived on base and didn't have to pay utilities. I had the thermostat down to 55 degrees. Reed was walking around wearing a sweater and a blanket around him in the middle of summer!! Hang in there, you are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle is our little heat sink :) Sounds like you have your own little heat sink now too :) I'm glad you're comfortable (as comfortable as pregnancy gets). . . but I have to admit, I do feel a little sympathy for Jay (just a little). hehe.

    ReplyDelete