Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pregnancy in Numbers

  • 8 months since I found out I was pregnant
  • 3 days until my due date
  • 1 times I've thrown up since being pregnant
  • 2  times I got up last night to go to the bathroom
  • 6  times last night I almost got up to go to the bathroom
  • 0  pairs of maternity pants that still fit me
  • 28 week when I first started feeling contractions
  • 19 week I first felt baby flutter inside me
  • 1.8 miles Jay made me walk last night to try to get labor started
  • 2-3 minutes apart my contractions are most mornings
  • 1 centimeters I've dilated
  • 5 days I'm willing to go past my due date
  • 44 times I've decided this baby isn't in a hurry--I swear she's hanging wallpaper in there
  • 22 week I first saw my stomach move from baby's sharp little jabs
  • 3 number of baby showers I've had
  • 1000 times I've been grateful in the past few months for wonderful friends
  • 19 pieces of unsolicited advice I receive daily (usually with gratitude)
  • 3 times in the past week moms of my patients have told me in the waiting room (loudly) that having sex will make labor start
  • 5 number of sizes my feet and ankles have swollen at any given moment
  • 88 pieces of maternity clothing that were either lent or given to me by generous friends and family
  • 8 minimum number of things I will do to avoid bending over
  • 42 pounds I've gained so far
  • 2 pounds I estimate I'll lose giving birth
  • 3 minutes it takes me to roll over or get out of bed
  • 9 minimum number of grunts I make to roll over or get out of bed
  • 12 week I started showing if I wasn't wearing scrubs
  • 16 week I started showing no matter what I wore
  • 6 number of pounds the baby supposedly weighed 4 weeks ago
  • 0 number of stomach stretch marks I've earned (though there's still time...)
  • 2 contractions I've had since starting this list

8 comments:

  1. Whee! I'm so excited for you to be a mom! I can't wait for you to meet your sweet little girl. Do you have any ideas about what her personality will be like based on the way you can feel her move around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zero stretch marks? Now that IS impressive! So excited for you and Jay. Can't wait to meet your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so close Lindsay!! I can't wait to hear the good news. Ya'll are going to be the very best parents. Loved reading this list. I just relate so well to ALL of it. It's been 3 weeks and the memory of it all is still fresh. Hang in there...the end is so very hard! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and lots of love to you both! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! This is just a wonderful time for you and Jay. Almost there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So close and so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We may have our babies on the same day!!! I love your post, so creative!

    {visiting from MMB}

    ReplyDelete
  7. No stretch marks! Sounds like a dream for me. Just saw some pictures of your adorable little one. She looks like an angel. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete