Friday, June 1, 2012

Four Years (!)


May 31, 2008:  Fresh out of the temple, very newly married, and grinning like fools.  It was a good day.

Yesterday was our fourth anniversary.  We are starting to get old, I think, because we didn't buy gifts (but we're going to get a replacement lens we're super excited about with credit card reward Amazon credits) and we didn't make plans.  Though that may have less to do with getting old, come to think of it, than it does with being insanely busy.  We had a nice evening, though.  We decided to be low-key and chill at home.  We whipped up some of this along with some corn on the cob (weird combo, I know), looked at rental houses online and phone conferenced with our Realtor (did I mention we're moving?), then drank delicious smoothies (Jay makes the best) and played Stone Age (Jay won 300 to 295).  

Kate has decided recently that she doesn't like going to sleep, and last night she fussed long and loud every time we tried to put her down.  She was just the saddest little baby. Any time we picked her up, though, she immediately stopped and was super content.  The fussing is annoying, but I secretly love that she loves being with us.  

We did a quick reflection on the last four years, and we decided we have been incredibly blessed.  We have the best friends and family we could ask for.  We've both gotten an amazing education.  We both have had great job opportunities in a rough economy.  We are healthy and happy and have the time and the means to pursue our interests.  We have a crazy cat and the most beautiful, funny, sweet-tempered baby.

Most importantly, we have each other.  Jay is my favorite favorite, and I'm so glad he's mine.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Can't wait for you guys to get here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so fun to be close to you, Chelle!

      Delete
  2. I remember that day well. How happy you two were. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you were there, Katie--it meant a lot to me.

      Delete
  3. Wow, 4 years already! Happy anniversary! Where are you guys moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was definitely a happy day! I remember how beautiful and happy you both looked. I also remember thinking how tall your hubby is too haha! Happy anniversary and here's to many many more!
    P.s. we can't wait for you to be closer too. Let is know if you are ever coming through town again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ally, I'm sure we'll be there often since we'll be living so close! We'll definitely have to get together.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary you guys!! Let's get together soon! Thrift store? Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I am blog stalking you:) Did you have your wedding reception at Sunbrook? Did you know Neil and I got married on May 10 2008 and had our reception at Sunbrook? And you live in Vegas? I live in Vegas! Too crazy, you will have to come over for dinner:)

    ReplyDelete