Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Snuggling with Socks


One night, Jay and I were trying to get some cleaning done. Kate was a little higher maintenance while in her cast, but we put her on our bed with a couple toys and sneaked out (no need to worry about Kate rolling off the bed in that cast!). After a couple minutes of fussing, she started making her tired noises. We didn't go back in the bedroom for awhile because we knew as soon as she saw us, she'd start crying again. When I finally dared peek in, this is what I saw. We had put away some laundry that had been on the bed, but we must have left a few unmatched socks behind. Kate had apparently gathered the (clean) socks within her reach and piled them on top of herself, snuggled in, and gone to sleep.

Jay's comment was that she must not be my daughter because I cannot stand the feel of socks of any kind. 

Sweet little baby.

4 comments:

  1. Love her sweet face! Love those chunky toes! Love her little hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing we share, Lindsay: sock bump anxiety disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. Probably in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete