Friday, October 25, 2013

Cousins + Ducks


One of our absolute favorite things about living in Las Vegas is being close to Jay's sister, Amy, and her family. We live on opposite ends of town, so we don't get together as often as we might like, but we usually see each other at least a couple times a month. 



These pictures were taken at a park near Henderson on Morgan's first birthday. I can't believe she's already a year old--time has flown.



Kate loves her cousins, especially Jeremy--she thinks he is pretty cool. As they have gotten older, they've gotten better about playing together. They both still have a hard time letting go of possessiveness (pun intended). We're working on that. (Check out Jeremy pushing Kate's stroller.)



Morgan outgrew her colicky stage months ago and is such a happy, good-natured little baby. I love her toothy grin.



The bike is Jeremy's, but he didn't want to get out of the stroller, so Kate and Morgan took turns riding it (with a little help from their dads).



I'm not sure what it is about ducks, but kids love them. Really, so do I. I love ducks. There is something endearingly awkward about them. We brought a bag of cheerios that the kids alternated between eating themselves and throwing to the ducks.


There was a pull-up bar along the walking path, so of course we had to stop. Jay and Amy shared the bar, I failed to complete even one chin-up, and Erik schooled us all by doing at least 20.


Kate and Morgan did a few, too.


Kate rode around on Jay's shoulders for part of the time and seemed to enjoy her bird's-eye view. 


I have to say, this outing produced some great pictures. It is unfortunate that I am not actually in any of them. Jay enjoys taking pictures, too, but Kate prefers to be with him, so I end up manning the camera most of the time.


I suppose it helps to have such cute little models (or big ones, in Jay's case).


It's at about this time of year that I decide living in Las Vegas isn't so bad--the weather has been lovely. We turned off our AC the last week of September and haven't turned it back on since.


I am so in love with this little girl. She is my absolute favorite.


Maybe I'm a bad mom, but I had to take a picture of Kate's little crack. I love how innocent and oblivious she is. 


It was a beautiful day.

3 comments:

  1. haha at the crack pic. oh my. I guess when you are a mom those types of things are cute :p hehe. I love love the pic with the yellow tree in the background, not the last pic but the other one. awesome shot! Looks like a fun time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby butt cracks! :) And don't worry, I've never been able to do a pull-up in my life. Maybe you should worry, though, if you're at my level of wimpiness. Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much. These photos are just beautiful. You're getting so talented with managing such bright light... I feel like you could help me with that. Bright sun can be really challenging for me :)

    I love Jeremy's red head, so cute! Also, Kate's little bottom crack cracks me up! Oh, childhood!

    Looks like both Kate and Morgan are ready for cross fit with their pull up skills.

    ReplyDelete