Monday, December 9, 2013

Haircut

{First haircut, October 2013}

Kate perched uncertainly on the salon chair in my friend's house, a box boosting her up. She sat more still than I'd imagined she would, bribed with various combs and clips. She flatly refused to wear the proffered cape, but submitted surprisingly well to the spray bottle to dampen her hair. She held her head mostly still (though "still" is a relative term when speaking about a 19-month old) until it was time to trim her bangs: she pressed her chin into her chest and shook her head from side to side.


The next Sunday, I put Kate's hair up in a ponytail for the very first time. Kate doesn't take kindly to me messing with her hair, but I still managed to get a decent ponytail in. It lasted about 30 minutes before the hair on the top of her head slipped out and flapped above her right ear.


She moved from room to room, from toy to toy, as I followed her to get these pictures. She is busy-busy-busy, go-go-go, all the time.


And she is loved, loved, loved.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, she is so grown up! I love that little pony tail :)

    ReplyDelete