Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Expecting

It is funny how you can work and plan and try for something for months and months (a year, in fact), and then it finally happens but not when or how you thought it would (you know, because you have PLANS and CHECKLISTS and SCHEDULES and all), and so you're in denial for a long time because even though this whole business was certainly planned, it somehow still wasn't expected. 

Well, that's exactly what happened with this baby. 

We are excited to be having another girl. Admittedly, I was a bit more excited than Jay because A. little boys scare me to death and I have a deep-seated irrational fear (yes, I KNOW it's irrational) that I won't be able to love one, B. I really wanted Kate to have a sister close in age, and C. I just don't have the energy to fight the "Jayson" battle right now (Jay's long-beloved boy name, and you could say I'm not a fan). Jay would have liked a boy, but he's excited, too. Kate, for her part, has been saying "baby sister, baby sister" a lot. Boy, is she in for a rude awakening come August.

It's going to be a long, hot summer.

13 comments:

  1. That is great! I felt the same about wanting Sydney to have a sister:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad we live on completely opposite sides of town--I would love for our girls to get together.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Lindsay! Move closer so our four girls can be best friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, that would be so fun! We miss you guys.

      Delete
  3. Yay!! I am so happy for you! That is really good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean a rude awakening?! I was not a rude awakening. I was your heaven on earth! Your purpose for living! Rude awakening indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha... I did not even think about that, but it's certainly possible I'm projecting my feelings onto Kate...

      All I remember was your crazy tongue, crazy hair, and that you would steal my lunchbox.

      Delete
  5. My summer pregnancy was miserable, but I really enjoyed having a baby to snuggle all winter. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, that's true! It will be fun to cozy up with our baby.

      Delete
  6. come to Minnesota to visit and these northern breezes will cool your right on down! Miss you and love you so much. I am so excited you two will be parents again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I would love to visit Minnesota. Hopefully soon.

      Delete