Friday, April 4, 2014

Tired.

It's been a no sleep kind of week. A car-breaks-down-on-the-way-to-work, Dad-in-hospital, almost-go-to-hospital-myself kind of week. A slightly-hysterical-laughing-fits-because-it's-been-such-a-week kind of week.

I'm exhausted and sore and so looking forward to a cozy weekend of family and General Conference. I'm not going to lie, my soul's a bit parched and desperately in need of some dew from heaven distilling

Life is still good, and we've had some peaceful lulls this week, too. I feel the thumping of this baby fairly regularly now. Jay and I played a game together for the first time in months on Sunday. Kate's naps were becoming increasingly erratic (last week she only slept two out of seven days), but she has had a good nap every day since Sunday (five in a row now, knock on wood). Most of my pain from yesterday melted away overnight. We have wonderful friends. Other than some uncharacteristic occasional night waking, Kate has been a joy. She has so much to say that she doesn't quite have the words for it. It is fun to see her so excitedly try to cram the big ideas in her head into disjointed two to three word utterances.

So, in that sense, it's been a normal-and-happy kind of week, too. Let's hope next week is blissfully boring.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this weekend also. General Conference is like a holiday for the soul. Im going to spend the weekend with Tony and Diana and boys in their new home in Dallas. We are going to a Stevens Family Reunion 0n Saturday. We will record conference. Then on Sunday we will watch conference. Diana is taking me to Dallas today and bringing me home Sunday.

    I appreciate getting your blogs. Life is continually changing for us all. It is good to keep track of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. I'm sad I'm reading this SO late. I would have said something to you on the phone yesterday. I love you and want to catch up more. You keep hanging in there, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete