Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jayne


Jayne Ida
Born August 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM
9 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches long


Jayne was born with a generous double chin and decidedly ginger-ish hair. Her back, shoulders, and ears are covered in downy peach fuzz. She is so strong that she kicked out of even the strongest velcro-ed swaddle at three days of age. Not much fazes our girl yet--she is calm and sweet.


Kate had to wait a few days before meeting her baby sister, but it was love at first sight. She continues to be fascinated and affectionate.


The other day it hit me like a speeding bus: OH MY GOSH I HAVE TWO KIDS. Just like that: all caps, no commas. 

We love our family of four.

5 comments:

  1. NINE pounds! You must be made of steel. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little sweetie. (Big sweetie?) She's beautiful. I love the red hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is so sweet and squishy! Congrats to you guys. I remember when I had my second thinking I now have chilDREN! Good luck on your transition to family of four. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be fabulous--but I wish I was there to meet her and eat cookies with you :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family you make. Welcome to the world baby Jayne :) What a sweetheart she is, Vegas is much to far from Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete