Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"Just" a Cold and Kate's Third Birthday


Oh, man. I don't even have words for this last week. But I'm going to try:

Imagine drowning in a cocktail of hand sanitizer and used tissues, your sinuses stuffed with all kinds of delightful things, and the little sleep your insomnia chooses to grant you interrupted in regular intervals by your sick children.

I've had the plague since last Thursday, Kate's had it since last Saturday, and Jayne came down with it yesterday (Thursday). The only time I've left the house is to take Kate to a doctor appointment (turns out she has an ear infection). And even though it's been a week, we really haven't made much improvement. The silver lining to Jayne being sick is that I don't have to try to keep the girls apart anymore--they absolutely love each other. Now we can all snuggle together and share germs to our hearts' content.



Kate's birthday fell in the middle of all the sickness. We watched movies and colored, and I promised her we'd make cookies together. But after her nap, when I asked what she wanted to do, she said, "Make bwead dough."

"Bread dough?" I asked. "What kind of bread dough?"

"Pink bwead dough," she said.

So, that's what we did. A few drops of food coloring, and voila! Pink bread dough. I truly believe she enjoys eating bread dough more than cookie dough--she prefers breads and chips and cheese to sugar (though she makes an exception for ice cream). Whose child is this?

Don't feel too sorry for her, though--she had two birthday parties with family the previous two weekends. She certainly didn't want for celebrating.



Kate's stats at age 3:
  • Height: 38 inches, 74th percentile
  • Weight: 34 lbs, 79th percentile

No comments:

Post a Comment